First Reconciliation is included in the First Communion program, see below for more information.
First Communion at St. John’s is a single program, including and welcoming all children of the parish, both those enrolled in St. John’s School and those going to school elsewhere.
- Baptized children and children preparing for baptism (see note below) in the second grade, or above, are eligible and encouraged to participate.
- For children not attending St. John’s School:
- This one-year program starts in September and ends in the middle of May.
- Classes are held on scheduled Sundays from 10:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- For children attending St. John’s School, classes are incorporated into the ordinary curriculum.
- The program includes preparing for and receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Complete and submit the registration form.
- Provide a copy of the child’s Baptismal certificate.
- Be on time for classes, schedule events, and activities.
- Attend 9:30 a.m. Sunday Mass, including participatory liturgies.
- Attend Christmas and First Communion activities.
- Not miss more than three classes.
- Attend 9:30 a.m. Mass with the children.
- Help the children memorize the required prayers
- Attend all parent meetings
- Participate in the Christmas and First Communion events
- Help if necessary at the CCD led liturgies.
For more information contact Lynne Evans, Children’s Religious Education Director at (510) 501-4894 or by email.